Don't Worry we are here to help you.Contact Us Now
It is an Immediate Annuity plan, which can be purchased by paying a lump sum amount. The plan provides for annuity payments of a stated amount throughout the life time of the annuitant. Various options are available for the type and mode of payment of annuities.
The following options are available under the plan
Type of Annuity:
You may choose any one. Once chosen, the option cannot be altered.
» Annuity may be paid either at monthly, quarterly, half yearly or yearly intervals. You may opt any mode of payment of Annuity..
Amount of annuity payable at yearly intervals which can be purchased for Rs. 1 lakh under different options is as under:
|Age last birthday||Yearly annuity amount under option|
|( i )||( ii ) (15 years certain)||( iii )||( iv )||( v )||( vi )||(vii)|
If your purchase price is Rs. 2.50 lakh or more, you will receive higher amount of annuity due to available incentives. In addition of this, for policies sold online, a rebate of 1% by way of increase in the annuity rate shall also be available.
Service tax, if any, shall be as per the Service Tax Laws and at the rate of service tax as applicable from time to time.
The amount of service tax as per the prevailing rates shall be payable by the policyholder along with the purchase price.
The policy does not acquire any paid-up value.
No surrender value will be available under the policy.
No loan will be available under the policy.
If you are not satisfied with the ?Terms and Conditions? of the policy, you may return the policy to us within 15 days from the date of receipt of the Policy Bond. On receipt of the policy we shall cancel the same and the amount of premium deposited by you shall be refunded to you after deducting the charges for stamp duty.
Note: For full details please refer to the Policy document or contact our nearest Branch Office.
1. No policy of life insurance shall be called in question on any ground whatsoever after the expiry of three years from the date of the policy, i.e. from the date of issuance of the policy or the date of commencement of risk or the date of revival of the policy or the date of the rider to the policy, whichever is later.
2. A policy of life insurance may be called in question at any time within three years from the date of issuance of the policy or the date of commencement of risk or the date of revival of the policy or the date of the rider to the policy, whichever is later on the ground of fraud:
Provided that the insurer shall have to communicate in writing to the insured or the legal representatives or nominees or assignees of the insured the grounds and materials on which such decision is based.
Explanation I.-For the purposes of this sub-section, the expression “fraud” means any of the following acts committed by the insured or by his agent, with the intent to deceive the insurer or to induce the insurer to issue a life insurance policy:-
a) The suggestion, as a fact of that which is not true and which the insured does not believe to be true;
b) The active concealment of a fact by the insured having knowledge or belief of the fact;
c) Any other act fitted to deceive; and
c) Any other act fitted to deceive; and
Explanation II- Mere silence as to facts likely to affect the assessment of the risk by the insurer is not fraud, unless the circumstances of the case are such that regard being had to them, it is the duty of the insured or his agent, keeping silence to speak, or unless his silence is, in itself, equivalent to speak.
3. Notwithstanding anything contained in subsection (2), no insurer shall repudiate a life insurance policy on the ground of fraud if the insured can prove that the misstatement of or suppression of a material fact was true to the best of his knowledge and belief or that there was no deliberate intention to suppress the fact or that such misstatement of or suppression of a material fact are within the knowledge of the insurer:
Provided that in case of fraud, the onus of disproving lies upon the beneficiaries, in case the policyholder is not alive.
Explanation – A person who solicits and negotiates a contract of insurance shall be deemed for the purpose of the formation of the contract, to be the agent of the insurer.
4. A policy of life insurance may be called in question at any time within three years from the date of issuance of the policy or the date of commencement of risk or the date of revival of the policy or the date of the rider to the policy, whichever is later, on the ground that any statement of or suppression of a fact material to the expectancy of the life of the insured was incorrectly made in the proposal or other document on the basis of which the policy was issued or revived or rider issued:
Provided that the insurer shall have to communicate in writing to the insured or the legal representatives or nominees or assignees of the insured the grounds and materials on which such decision to repudiate the policy of life insurance is based:
Provided further that in case of repudiation of the policy on the ground of misstatement or suppression of a material fact, and not on the ground of fraud the premiums collected on the policy till the date of repudiation shall be paid to the insured or the legal representatives or nominees or assignees of the insured within a period of ninety days from the date of such repudiation.
Explanation. - For the purposes of this sub-section, the misstatement of or suppression of fact shall not be considered material unless it has a direct bearing on the risk undertaken by the insurer, the onus is on the insurer to show that had the insurer been aware of the said fact no life insurance policy would have been issued to the insured.
5. Nothing in this section shall prevent the insurer from calling for proof of age at any time if he is entitled to do so, and no policy shall be deemed to be called in question merely because the terms of the policy are adjusted on subsequent proof that the age of the life insured was incorrectly stated in the proposal.
1) No person shall allow or offer to allow, either directly or indirectly, as an inducement to any person to take out or renew or continue an insurance in respect of any kind of risk relating to lives or property in India, any rebate of the whole or part of the commission payable or any rebate of the premium shown on the policy, nor shall any person taking out or renewing or continuing a policy accept any rebate, except such rebate as may be allowed in accordance with the published prospectuses or tables of the insurer: provided that acceptance by an insurance agent of commission in connection with a policy of life insurance taken out by himself on his own life shall not be deemed to be acceptance of a rebate of premium within the meaning of this sub-section if at the time of such acceptance the insurance agent satisfies the prescribed conditions establishing that he is a bona fide insurance agent employed by the insurer.
2) Any person making default in complying with the provisions of this section shall be liable for a penalty which may extend to ten lakh rupees.